Dear Year 7 and 8 Students and Parents,
This is a notice regarding the selection and offers process for Selective Entry High Schools in 2023.
Firstly, please see below important dates:
Friday 13 May 2022
Advice sent to parents on examination arrangements
Monday 18 July 2022
Selective Entry High School Examination
Saturday 23 July 2022
Last day to change preferences
Friday 29 July 2022
September – November 2022
Examination outcome reports sent to parents
Friday 23 September 2022
Offers are made as follows:
– 85 per cent of offers are made based on examination results only;
– Up to 10 per cent of offers are made through the equity consideration category;
– Up to 5 per cent of enrolments can be made under the principal’s discretion category.
Offers are subject to a quota based on the size of each school’s Year 8 cohort:
– For schools that are Year 7-12 or prep to 12, the number of students given offers cannot exceed 4% of that school’s Year 8 cohort.
– For schools that are Prep to Year 9, the number of students given offers cannot exceed 10% of that school’s Year 8 cohort.
– Note that offers made on the principal’s direction can only be made when the quota from any one source school has not been reached.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
Top Scope College Administration